Built in 1890, Windsor House has been restored to offer a unique experience in the heart of Walhalla. “Sleep in history” and enjoy a boutique hotel experience.
The rustic exterior hides a full internal restoration, including the five guest rooms, which have maintained the original features and colours of the 1890s. Windsor House has been classified “A” by the National Trust of Australia. Windsor House is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Enjoy the pleasures of sitting outside under the umbrella at breakfast time or in the cool of the evening.
Enjoy a leisurely hot or cold beverage whilst listening to the local wildlife and the sound of the babbling creek metres away from the house. In winter relax in front of the open fire with a glass of wine, read a great book or play cards!
- Accommodation Type: Windsor House offers five bedrooms for bed and breakfast accommodation. A separate three bedroom residence, The Quarters, is also available for self-catered accommodation and is well suited to families with young children or groups.
- Check-In: 2pm
- Check Out: 10am
- Linen: Included
- Meals: Breakfast is included in Windsor House packages. Tea and coffee making facilities are available.
- Laundry Facilities: Not available
- Additional details:Fully licensed premises. Guests are not permitted to bring their own alcohol.
- Child-Friendly: Not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
- Pet-Friendly: No
- Smoke-Free: Yes (However, outdoor smoking is permitted)
- Accessibility: The bedrooms are located on the second level via a set of stairs. Windsor House is accessed via a footbridge over Stringers Creek.
How to get here:
Take the M1 for about 1 hour and 40 minutes, then take the Moe Exit. From here, follow the brown signs to Erica/Rawson. (C466) and Walhalla. Turn right to Rawson which is signposted 3km past Erica. Travel along this road through Rawson, then left to Walhalla 1km past Rawson (C461).
Follow the Main Road along into town and you will see the Star Hotel located on the right hand side across the road from the rotunda, turn right onto Right Hand Branch Road and Windsor House is on your right.
If you need a map, we have you covered – https://goo.gl/maps/xcaUJXkoh5ragTEa7