Clifden Cottage is a fully self-contained rural retreat set on a farm breeding Belted Galloway cattle and black alpacas in the foothills of the Strzelecki ranges. The property boasts unparalleled views of West Gippsland. The cottage is ideal for a quiet escape to the country, secure and comfortable for 1 guest, well-appointed for 2, 3 or 4. Experience true farm life, simply relax and unwind, or have it all…the joys of the country without the work. This is the perfect place to rest and rejuvenate, or enjoy new experiences.
The property is an easy 90 minute drive from the Melbourne CBD and very close to the well-known tourist village, Yarragon. West Gippsland’s attractions are all close by. Follow the gourmet food and wine trail, explore the shops, walk Mt Worth or take one of the many scenic drives throughout the area. You will find plenty to do in all seasons.
Clifden Farm is home to stunning black huacaya alpacas and eye-catching Belted Galloway cattle. These gentle animals provide wonderful opportunities for photographs, hand feeding and petting. Tour the farm and even participate in routine farm activities if you like. Or simply sit by the fire in the cottage with a glass of wine or take tea on the verandah and enjoy the vistas.
You will always receive a warm welcome at Clifden Cottage. We live on the adjoining farm and are always on hand to assist in any way we can.
- ACCOMMODATION TYPE: 1 x Cottage (fully self-contained) sleeping up to 4 people
- CHECK IN/OUT: Check In – 2:00pm; Check Out – 11:00am; Alterations to check in/out times may be possible by prior arrangement
- BEDDING CONFIGURATION: 1 queen size bed in Bedroom 1; 2 single beds in Bedroom 2
- LINEN: Included.
- KITCHEN: Includes microwave, refrigerator, stove and dishwasher
- BREAKFAST: Generous continental breakfast hamper can be included with 24 hours notice for an additional fee
- LIVING AREA: CD/TV/DVD; Games and books provided
- BATHROOM: Shower over bath
- HEATING/COOLING: R/C air conditioning; Ceiling fan; Wood burning fire
- LAUNDRY FACILITIES: YES — Washing machine, laundry trough, ironing facilities available; Clothes airing rail
- OUTSIDE: Covered verandah with outdoor furniture; BBQ facilities; Farm tours, animal feeding and interaction