Clifden Cottage is a fully self-contained rural retreat set on a farm breeding Belted Galloway cattle and black alpacas in the foothills of the Strzelecki Ranges. The property boasts unparalleled views of West Gippsland. The cottage is ideal for a quiet escape to the country, secure and comfortable for 1 guest, well-appointed for 2, 3 or 4. Experience true farm life, simply relax and unwind, or have it all…the joys of the country without the work. This is the perfect place to rest and rejuvenate or enjoy new experiences.
The property is an easy 90 minute drive from the Melbourne CBD and very close to the well-known tourist village, Yarragon. West Gippsland’s attractions are all close by. Follow the gourmet food and wine trail, explore the shops, walk Mt Worth or take one of the many scenic drives throughout the area. You will find plenty to do in all seasons.
Clifden Farm is home to stunning black huacaya alpacas and eye-catching Belted Galloway cattle. These gentle animals provide wonderful opportunities for photographs, hand feeding and petting. Tour the farm and even participate in routine farm activities if you like. Or simply sit by the fire in the cottage with a glass of wine or take tea on the verandah and enjoy the vistas.
You will always receive a warm welcome at Clifden Cottage. The owners live on the adjoining farm and are always on hand to assist in any way possible.
- Accommodation Type: Self-Contained
- Check-In: 2pm
- Check Out: 11am (alterations to check in/out times may be possible by prior arrangement)
- Number of guests: Up to 4 guests
- Bedding Configuration: Bedroom 1 (1 x queen size bed) Bedroom 2 (2 x single size beds)
- Linen: Included
- Heating/Cooling: R/C air conditioning, ceiling fan and wood-burning fireplace
- Meals: Full kitchen facilities available
- Laundry Facilities: Yes, washing machine, laundry trough, ironing facilities and clothes airing rail available
- Additional details: CD Player, TV and DVD units available, games and books also provided for entertainment. The property provides a covered veranda with outdoor furniture and BBQ facilities. Visitors can enjoy farm tours and animal feeding on the property. A generous continental breakfast hamper can be included with 24 hours’ notice for an additional fee.
- Child-Friendly: Yes
- Pet-Friendly: Yes, subject to a dog policy, please contact the friendly team at Clifden Cottage for details.
- Smoke-Free: Yes
- Accessibility: No stairs within the property
- Pricing: Visit the link for bookings, availability and pricing https://www.clifden.com.au/clifden-cottage
How to get here:
Travel on the Princes Highway/Freeway M1 towards Warragul. Continue until you reach Yarragon Town Centre, turn right onto Yarragon -Leongatha Rd. After around 4.2km the property will be on your left.
If you need a map, we have you covered – https://goo.gl/maps/FHPjk6xZL3KD9eJa7