Guattas Cottage is a beautiful later 19th century miners cottage, set in the historic gold mining town of Walhalla, located in the rolling green hills of Baw Baw and just 2.5 hours from Melbourne.
The cottage is surrounded by stunning 3rd generation garden and offers guests a relaxing atmosphere and privacy to ensure they can escape the rush of everyday life. The property runs alongside Stingers Creek, and is home to a vast range Native Australian wildlife and plant life.
- Accommodation Type: Self-Contained
- Number of guests: Up to 4, either 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
- Bedding Configuration: Two bedrooms – 1 x queen sized bed, 1 x double bed
- Linen: Included
- Heating/Cooling: Reverse-cycle air conditioning in the lounge room and dining/kitchen, plus wood fire in the lounge
- Meals: Full kitchen facilities available
- Additional details: Native/cottage garden, BBQ, secure parking, Foxtel TV
- Child-Friendly: Yes
- Smoke-Free: Yes (However, outdoor smoking is permitted)
- Accessibility: A step is required to enter the cottage, and the outside path is a little uneven.
- Pricing: $180 midweek, $200 weekend & public holiday, price is for 2 adults per night, a $50 charge is applied for every extra adult
How to get here:
Take the Princes Freeway (M1), turn off at Moe (McDonalds at Freeway exit), follow signs to Erica/Rawson/Walhalla (C103, C466, C461). From there Guattas Cottage is located between the North Garden Camping ground and the Chinese Gardens, two minutes from Central walhalla.
If you need a map, we have you covered – https://goo.gl/maps/WGujUkDHWaNugXFk8