Wombat Cabin is set in a tranquil location amongst spectacular snow gums and is located a short distance from Maltese Cross T-Bar and 2 Toboggan Parks. The cabin has fully self contained kitchen and bathroom facilities, and has a flat screen TV/DVD player in the living room with couch and dining table. The Cabin also features a Drying Cupboard, Ski & Snowboard lock up, and a Private Covered Balcony.
*WOMBAT CABIN IS AVAILABLE WINTER AND SUMMER*
*PERFECT FOR COUPLES AND SMALL FAMILIES*
In winter, the place is a wonderland, with good beginner and intermediate runs for Skiers or Boarders. There are two toboggan parks, and good choices for meals or relaxing. The Alpine Hotel is open and has live entertainment on the weekends. Snow typically falls between May and October in this region, with the best snow depths in July and August.
In Summer, the place is tranquil, with a bubbling brook behind the cabin, and wildlife galore.
There are plenty of walking tracks to magnificent views around the village and mountain bikes are available to Hire. Village Central restaurant is close by, check opening hours with guest services, and book early. For those hot summer weeks in Melbourne, Baw Baw Village is typically 10 degrees cooler than the suburbs.
Directions: There are 2 options from Melbourne which both take about the same time, (2 1/2 hours). Firstly through Neerim South, and Noojee along the narrow sealed tourist Rd. A less windy alternative is via Moe, and Erica, then left onto the South Face road, which is much wider, but unsealed, still an easy drive. Both routes have much wildlife, so lookout for deer around dusk and after dark. Wombat is downhill from the main carpark, where guest services are located. Both ways are well signposted.
- ACCOMMODATION TYPE: 1 x Cosy Two Bedroom Cabin sleeping up to 5 people
- CHECK IN/OUT: CHECK IN 3PM/CHECK OUT 12NOON
- BEDDING CONFIGURATION: Queen bed in the Master, Double and Single beds as a
Tri-Bunk in the 2nd Bedroom.
- LINEN: Linen and Towels are provided to the Master Bedroom only.
Doonas and pillows are provided to both beds in the second bedroom, and linen packs are available to hire, or bring your own sheets, towels and pillowcases.
- KITCHEN: 4 burner Gas Cooktop/Oven and Microwave. Kettle, Toaster and Sandwich Press. Frying pans, pots, oven trays and microwave dishes. Coffee plunger. Utensils and crockery for 5 persons.
- BREAKFAST: The Cabin has a fully equipped kitchen, or Restaurants are located in the Main Village, just a short walk away.
- LIVING AREA: Large L shape Couch and big TV. Bedroom 2 also has a small TV. Both have DVD players.
- BATHROOM: Large shower, no Bath. Hairdryer provided.
- HEATING/COOLING: Electric Panel Heaters in each room.
- LAUNDRY FACILITIES: Laundromat in village.
- OUTSIDE: Covered Private Balcony with table and chairs. Undercover Front deck.