Stringer’s Cottage is a charming one-bedroom miner’s cottage on the outskirts of the historic village of Walhalla, nestled above Stringer’s Creek and shaded by massive mountain ash and black-wood trees, it is private and secluded, yet only a short walk to the town centre.
Wake up to the sounds of birds and see wallabies, echidnas and lyrebirds in the wild. Explore the creeks and rivers, pan for gold, throw in a fishing line or enjoy a swim or a walk while staying at this romantic getaway. Situated in the beautiful Walhalla Valley, Stringer’s Cottage is just 2.5 hours east of the Melbourne CBD and just a short trip to the ski fields of Mt Baw Baw.
- Accommodation Type: Self-Contained
- Check In: 2pm
- Check Out: Midday
- Number of guests: Up to 2
- Bedding Configuration: One bedroom – 1 x queen size bed
- Linen: Included
- Heating/Cooling: Solar powered and eco-friendly, running on 12v power and LPG gas, the cottage is lovely and cosy in Winter
- Meals: Full kitchen facilities available
- Additional details: Native/cottage garden, walking track into town
- Smoke-Free: Yes (However, outdoor smoking is permitted)
- Accessibility: There are stairs from the road down to the cottage, though there is designated parking space next door at the Coach House, and the cottage can then be reached without using stairs. Handrails on all steps and stairs. Please note the property is not suitable for people using sleep apnea machines.
- Pricing: $180 per night with a minimum 2 night stay on weekends, prices may vary during school or public holidays
How to get here:
Take the M1 for about 1 hour and 40 minutes, then take the Moe Exit. From here, follow the brown signs to Erica/Rawson. (C466) and Walhalla. Turn right to Rawson which is signposted 3km past Erica. Travel along this road through Rawson, then left to Walhalla 1km past Rawson (C461). The Walhalla Coach House is the first house you see as you enter Walhalla and Stringer’s Cottage is right next door. To reach it take the first turn right up a dirt road which is clearly sign-posted with a white Stringer’s cottage sign amongst others.
This is “Happy Go Lucky Track” (also known as Bruntons Bridge Road or The Old Coach Road), and is just after the “Walhalla” and blue “Bus Turning” signs. You will first pass the Log Cabin on your right. Shortly after, look out for the Stringers Cottage sign on the cream picket fence to your right and you have arrived.
If you need a map, we have you covered – https://goo.gl/maps/NyyDDUiCGanKY4Au8