Less than two hours from the hustle and bustle of Melbourne, Twitcher’s Cottage puts you back in touch with nature for a relaxing short or long break.
Surrounded by stunning native gardens and spectacular views, and located closely to Mount Worth State Park and many other natural sites. Twitcher’s Cottage is the perfect place for couples, families and small groups to base themselves and explore everything the Baw Baw Region has to offer.
Twitchers Cottage offers new levels of comfort combined with an eco-friendly approach. With reverse cycle heating and cooling in the kitchen/dining area while ensuring that your holiday is carbon neutral.
This is achieved by using solar photo-voltaic panels, our own carbon sink re-vegetation and the use of our own plantation firewood. So treat yourself and nature to a week – or weekend away!
The property also features Lavender and herb plantings, indigenous forest and (conditions permitting) sheep or pigs, so a pleasant small farm experience is available.
- Accommodation Type: Self-Contained
- Check-In: 3pm
- Check Out: 11am
- Number of guests: Up to 6
- Bedding Configuration: Up to three bedrooms – 1 x queen sized bed, 1 x double bed, 1 x single bed
- Linen: Included
- Heating/Cooling: Reverse-cycle air conditioning in the lounge room and dining/kitchen, plus wood fire in the lounge
- Meals: Full kitchen facilities available
- Laundry Facilities: Not available
- Additional details: Native/cottage garden, BBQ, picnic table, seating, extensive walking tracks
- Child-Friendly: Yes
- Pet-Friendly: Yes – but have a chat to the friendly staff at Twitcher’s Cottage to confirm any arrangements
- Smoke-Free: Yes (However, outdoor smoking is permitted)
- Accessibility: A small step is required to enter the cottage, and the outside path is a little uneven.
- Pricing: $150 per night for up to four people. $30 per night for additional guests up to six.
How to get here:
Travel on the Princes Highway/Freeway to Warragul, and continue until you reach the sign for Darnum, and follow the exit.
Pass the General Store and Hotel onto Darnum-Allambee Road and continue south-12 km from Freeway, sign at the driveway entrance on the right.
If you need a map, we have you covered – https://goo.gl/maps/UKZ2tYqkmit