The Coach House is the perfect escape for couples or families seeking a quiet retreat that gets back to nature. Nestled above Stringers Creek and with views across the gorge, it’s the ideal getaway. It is very private, yet just a short stroll to the historic gold rush village of Walhalla with all that it has to offer.
Enjoy the peace and tranquility of a bygone era and step back in time to experience life as it would have been in the 1880s, but with all of the modern day conveniences.
There is an upstairs lounge room, downstairs pool room and 2 dining areas so there’s plenty of room to spread out. There are plenty of toys and games for all ages to enjoy, not to mention plenty of outdoor space and furnishings including a dining setting, lawn chairs, BBQ and a hammock to really get into the swing of things!
Enjoy a game of Bocce or Badminton and watch the steam train as it chugs by just a stone’s throw away. Alternatively, just relax on one of the comfy couches or armchairs and read a book or magazine from the extensive collection available.
Stretch out on the rugs or laze away in front of a roaring fire with a glass of wine. Listen to a CD or tune in to the local radio. Enjoy a hot shower or a long soak in the ‘Captain’s Bath’. When it comes to bedtime, enjoy the comfortable mattresses and luxurious doonas, all supplied.
- Accommodation Type: Self-Contained
- Check-In: 2pm
- Check Out: 11am
- Number of guests: Up to 8
- Bedding Configuration: Up to three bedrooms – 1 x queen sized bed, 1 x double bed, 2 x bunks
- Linen: Not included, linen hire available $20
- Heating/Cooling: Gas heater, wood heater available upstairs
- Meals: Full kitchen facilities available
- Laundry Facilities: Not available
- Additional details: Plenty of outdoor space with tables and chairs, views overlooking the creek and valley, undercover BBQ area.
- Child-Friendly: Yes
- Smoke-Free: Yes (However, outdoor smoking is permitted)
- Accessibility: Stairs and uneven paths are required to access the property. The house is not suitable for sleep apnea machines.
- Pricing: $280 per night based on 2 people staying, an extra $20 per person per night
How to get here:
Take the M1 for about 1 hour and 40 minutes, then take the Moe Exit. From here, follow the brown signs to Erica/Rawson. (C466) and Walhalla. Turn right to Rawson which is signposted 3km past Erica. Travel along this road through Rawson, then left to Walhalla 1km past Rawson (C461). The Walhalla Coach House is the first house you see as you enter Walhalla.
To reach it take the first turn right up a dirt track which is “Happy Go Lucky Road” (also known as Bruntons Bridge Road), and is just after the “Walhalla” and blue “Bus Turning” signs. Look for the 2 huge gas bottles and the ‘Coach House’ sign on the cream picket fence to your right and you have arrived.
If you need a map, we have you covered – https://goo.gl/maps/NyyDDUiCGanKY4Au8