It is believed that when the Noojee Hotel was first built in 1925, the owner decided to try and generate his own electrical power for the establishment. Located in the Latrobe River behind the hotel, the original waterwheel was a relatively large structure with wooden paddles. The waterwheel that you can see today is not the original wooden waterwheel and it is not known what happened to the original structure. The one today has a much lighter metal structure with a stone sided entrance that appears to utilise the same axle shaft on ball races mounted on brickwork rather than timber. This waterwheel has been sitting in the river for as long as anyone locally can remember. The walk commences on Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road. Modes of Transport: Walking Difficulty: Easy Distance: Short – 240m (5 mins) return Car Parking: Limited car parking available on he roadside in the town centre. More parking available just up the hill on the opposite site of the road near the old tennis court. Parking also available at the other end of the walk outside the Noojee Hotel. Toilets: Available further down Bennett Street in the Noojee Park.